Deborah's Little Nest

Friday, April 23, 2010

Hind's Feet on High Places

I am in a very small reading group with Rest Ministries. It is a ministry for those who have chronic illnesses and the outreach is wonderful. If I knew how I would type the link here.

We are studying the book I mentioned above. How appropriate it is for me in my final Journey Days. Assuming my "little readers here" have read it, the character, Much Afraid, has just found out that the travels with her companions Sorrow and Suffering, are taking a detour. A detour in the desert. Much Afraid is quite distressed in discovering this detour and calls out for the Shepherd. He arrives in a moment. He listens to the following:
"The guides you gave me say that we must go down there into that desert, turning right away from the High Places altogether. you don't mean that, do you? You can't contradict yourself. Tell them we are not to go there, and show us another way.
He looked at her and answered very gently, "That is the path, Much-Afraid, and you are to go down there."
"Oh, no," she cired. "You can't mean it. You siad if I would trust you, you would bring me to the high Places,a dn that path leads right away from them. It contradicts all that you promised."
"No, said the Shepherd, "it is not contradiction, only postponement for the BEST TO BECOME POSSIBLE."

This book study is so timely. Creating this blog is so timely. If only you knew how shocking it is that I did it. I have had a stretch of time in the middle of the night, and God is helping me to use this time (tonight) to labor for Him. But none of this was how Deborah planned my ending journey days. I was going to have a lot more accomplished. I was going to be a helper for Caroline's homeschooling days. I was......on and on.

But, God has said, No, I want you to learn of my ways by leaving your home, dying to the natural desires of being independent, designing my own daily TO DO LISTS and checking them off!

I Surrender All to Jesus is my hymn "of the hour," so to speak. I confess it gets hard at times but God's promises are ALWAYS TRUE! So family and friends, learn His Word and hide it in your heart. You will be amazed what it means to have them their as your lifeline in such a time as this for me.

goodnight one and all.............sending you love and hugs!
Deborah

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are going through that book again, and you have the wonderful support of the ladies online. How timely to be reading it. But the Lord does everything in HIS own time, not ours. I have to keep reminding myself of this. I told Mosiah last night that Jesus loves you so much that He wants to see you soon. Much sooner than what I would have picked, but my ways are not His ways. Keep blogging, what a blessing it will be to come back and read all these posts. Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read that book again Mom! I remember reading it when we lived in St. Joe and it was wonderful, very encouraging. I'm glad your trying to keep up with your blog. I love you!

    ReplyDelete