Deborah's Little Nest

Monday, April 19, 2010

It Is Well With My Soul

Hello family and friends!

My little blinkie says, "Past, Present, Future." The words just seemed to click right off when I created this little blog. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has forgiven my past, teaches me how to live in my present moments and gives me hope for my future.

I thought I would share one of my favorite renditions of a FAVORITE hymn of mine: "It Is Well With My Soul." The man singing is Wintley Phipps and it is my first introduction to his singing. What a singer!! I don't think I can ever get through this song without tears. I thought I would type out for you the words he shares before singing.

"It is in the quiet crucible of your personal, private sufferings that your noblest dreams are born and God's greatest gifts are given, in compensation for what you've been through.

It is Well."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYFjikyp7mQ

It is fitting for me tonight to be blessed to listen to this song before going to sleep.

love and hugs,
Deborah

1 comment:

  1. The song is beautiful!
    It was such a blessing to see you and your girls on Sunday. I was thrilled to see that you were able to make it out for the bridal shower!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete