Deborah's Little Nest

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday February 21, 2010

I have been sitting in this chair spending way too much time trying to log in to my daughter's blog with a few comments I have made. But you know, the struggle was worth it. I was able to leave a few words of encouragement, hopefully, to her as she walks her own journey in this life. There are struggles for everyone, in all different "packages." We of course, don't look at these struggles as gifts in the beginning, nor even necessariily in the midst of the deepest trials. But at some point, if we possibly sit still long enough, we will see the blessings brought from our trials.

I know that I am sitting here watching the snow come down and that is a blessing for me. I have had a weekend of words and actions said to me that I am loved by my family. I have a family that is willing to sacrifice for me to help me in this biggest trial in my life.

My husband drove in this weekend after working 10 hour days this week. Because of the weather he could only see me one day, and that included some work for me in moving items to my new "nest." He had to drive back to St. Louis in icy conditions. But our blessing was that I was strong enough that Bill could take me out of the house, grab a very nice lunch that we shared from Longhorn Steakhouse and then go to my favorite little spot in Independence for a picnic in the van! How fun it was! Oh, my fav. spot is behind Bass Pro Shop on the most beautiful drive, complete with 2 waterfalls.

To sum up...........LOOK FOR THE BEAUTIFUL. You can always find something beautiful in the midst of the waves but you have to be willing to look.

Until my next post....May God Be With You!
Deborah

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your enjoying the snow. It's so beautiful to look at. For living in the city we have some lovely views don't we?:-)
    Love, Jen

    ReplyDelete