Deborah's Little Nest

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Less IS More

Thanks everyone for the encouraging beginning of my blog journey. I can tell it is a good motivator to "stay in the race."

I was thinking about how much I am living with less now. The other night, Israel and I were spinning fresh spinich leaves. After a spin or two I got tripped up and could not figure out where I was in the process (was it supposed to go back in the bowl without holes or with holes?) and couldn't go forward. My precious grandson, age 4, said right away...."that's okay Mammay." Jennifer was right there and lovingly made things right. My brain could dip that low in the evening and yet there is still enough brain the next day to type or read on the computer. How amazing our brains our that God has made.

Then I was thinking of the size of this room. Good size for a smaller 3 bed. home. When I look around at all the beautiful sights in this room, the comforts I have been blessed with to make things easier, I thought of the COUNTLESS people in this world that are so poor they might even sleep only on dirt floors. Or someone else is as sick as I am and their world of less includes NO support system of loved ones such as I have. They could have all sorts of money to buy anything that would help them endure and be comfortable as possible.

I am assured tonight, that even though I am quite aware of how much less I have to work with. I have been richly blessed with what I have because:

"O, LORD, thou has searched me and known me." Psalms 139:1

Let me close tonight with this as my prayer:

"Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice." Psalm 141:2

Because of HIM, I live,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment