Deborah's Little Nest

Saturday, February 27, 2010

I can't sleep tonight so I thought I would type the words to a song I'm listening to.

I've dreamed many dreams that never came true.
I've seen them vanished at dawn.
But enough of my dreams have come true to make
me keep dreaming on.
I prayed many a prayer.
Seemed no answer would come though I waited so very
patient and long.
But enough of my answers have come to my prayers
to make me keep praying on.
I've sown many a seed that's fell by the wayside
for the birds to feed upon.
But I've held enough golden sheaves in my hands
to make me keep sowing on.
I've trusted many a friend that's left me
and left me to weep alone.
But enough of my friends have been true blue
to make me keep trusting on.
I've drained the cup of disappointment and pain;
gone many a day without a song.
Oh, but I' ve sipped enough nectar from the roses of life
to make me want to live on.
And I don't regret a mile I've traveled for the Lord
I don't regret the times I trusted in His Word.
I've seen the years go by, many, many days without a song.
But I don't regret a mile I've traveled for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment