Deborah's Little Nest

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hospice and YoYo's

That's quite an unusal title, wouldn't you say? But today it really happened. The hospice admitting nurse came to my home today for several hours getting me into the system. For those reading who might not now, at least a month ago I was told to go on hospice only to have insurance problems. One thing led to another and it seemed I was denied. hWell, the other day, I decided to take it all on myself. I called my medical insurance company and to make a huge mistake and all it's little details......it turned out that I was able to have hospice all along. So for the nuts and bolts side of starting hospice all is well. Of course, it goes without saying, there is an emotional side to it that is pretty natural but it's been in the making for some time now. You think you are prepared but it still is a process to work through.



So where do yo'yo's fit into the hospice story? Well, I am trying to make some projects with them and my admitting nurse had some great ideas. She was quite interested in my efforts to do this which got me very eager to get a project done. I have a little book on it's way with instructions but while I wait on the book I am going to just play around with the ideas. I was blessed to find something on ebay I had never heard of, YoYo templates. They are very beneficial for me because I do have trouble holding onto things and these will help that problem PLUS it also shows the exact holes to put the needle through. I hope to create some nice things with these yoyo's. Thanks to my admitting nurse, my confidence level got a little extra boost today.



My heart is heavy tonight with burdens. So this is about all I have to say tonight. I just have to take the positives out of this day (even though it's 2:14 a.m.) and apply it for tomorrow!!''
Post Options
Labels for this post:
e.g. scooters, vacation, fall
Show all

No comments:

Post a Comment